Friday, April 11, 2014

Issues with using MDT to capture WIMs after server domain change

So I have a nice SCCM 2012 system that I am using to deploy and manage my computers. I don't have an integrated MDT system to create my WIMs with so I am using my old MDT server which I just transferred to the new domain.

Everything is working great until I go to run \\server\deploymentshare$\scripts\litetouch.vbs and I get the following:


 

My first problem is that I had a bunch of invalid SLSHARE entries in my customsettings.ini and bootstrap.ini. Removed those.

The second error was pretty much the same as the first, without the reference to SLSHARE and the physical adapters. I'm using VMWorkstation for this. The second error was due to an oversight after the change in domain. I changed also changed the user in the bootstrap.ini. I failed to add it to the share permissions to the deployment share. Once I added it, it was working again. Thanks to Dr. Google for both the answers.

SLSHARE issue

Permissions problem